Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beautiful Things - A Daily Devotional - July 5


Scripture:

….And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age – Matthew 28:20

Personal Thoughts:

This morning as I sat down to write today’s thoughts I struggled to find a verse that spoke to me or better yet would speak to you. I flipped through my bible hoping the Lord would show me a verse to write about, nothing. I read my devotionals and still nothing.
Most of the time when I sit to write I have a very strong sense on what the theme is going to be or the Lord has given me a verse to write about. During these days the words come easily and I have no trouble sharing, that is not the case today. Today I don’t hear God’s voice. Today I only feel His presence. It’s warm, it’s comfortable and it’s steady.
It’s like when I’m sitting on the couch with my husband just being together. We’re not talking, his arm is around me, we’re just being together – this is how I feel this morning. Sometimes God doesn’t need to speak to us, sometimes we just need to be together.

Prayer:

Dear Lord,
Thank you for always being with me. With my busy, noisy life thank you for being a warm and comfortable place to be, a place to escape, a place to recharge. Thank you for holding me when times get tough and thank you sharing my tears, fears, joys and everything in between. Thank you for seeking me out when life gets too busy for me and for the gentle reminders to look to You before looking to the world. In Your Son’s name Jesus I pray.
AMEN

Application:

Can you feel God’s arm around you? Can you hear His voice? If not maybe you need to find a few quiet moments to just be in His presence. He is there, you just have to stop longer enough to notice Him.

No comments: