Monday, July 2, 2012

Beautiful Things - A Daily Devotional - July 2


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Ephesians 3:16-21
 I needed these verses this morning and I felt compelled to pray this for all of you. This is something we all struggle with; the knowledge of how much God loves us.
There is absolutely nothing we need to do or can do for God to love us more than He does. Even before we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior He loves us. When we mess up and sin, He loves us. When we are obedient and following direction He loves us. I for one sometimes have trouble grasping this.
Since becoming a Christ follower I have had one main goal and that is to hear those words “Well done good and faithful friend”. When I mess up and I sin I feel so guilty because I feel He’ll be disappointed in me. Sometimes I can’t help but feel that because of this He may not love me as much as He did. This is just not possible. No matter what I do, God my Father will always love me unconditionally. His love for me doesn’t revolve around my actions. He won’t love me more if I’m doing the right thing and He won’t love me less if I’m not doing it right.
Friends if you only remember one thing, then remember that no matter where you are in your life, no matter where you are in your walk with Jesus, no matter what you have done or haven’t done, God loves you more than you could ever realize and He is just waiting for you to turn to Him, embrace Him and share your life with Him.
Dear Lord,
Please help me understand just how much You love me. Help me understand that You can’t love me any more than You do. Please forgive me when I doubt Your love and forgive me when I turn away from you. Help me see that because of your love for me you want to bless me and proper me. Thank You for loving me beyond my wildest dreams and for loving me so much that You would send Your Son Jesus to die for me. In His name I pray,
AMEN
Take some time today to look at your life and see where God has blessed you. Ask Him to show you examples of His love for you. Write down a list of blessing you have received, give thanks for the examples of His love for you.




No comments: