Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Women of Faith Conference. Now this slumber party of over 6,000 women was filled with great music, plenty of laughs, a few tears and many thought provoking ideas.
Here are just some of the nuggets I received and am chewing over:
- Wisdom is skill in living
- It’s good to feel inadequate when faced with a new challenge. You’ll grow into it. Ask God for wisdom and lean on Him.
- Always speak softly, especially when faced with an angry person. If you don’t respond it takes away their power.
- Be purposeful in what you put in your head. Something is going in there, you are in control of what.
- Put boundaries on your emotions or they will run away with you and emotions can not be trusted.
- Give everyone grace space – space to be human and make mistakes, we all make them.
- Refuse to entertain unkind, negative thoughts and a runaway imaginations.
Replace them with good and perfect thoughts – it will make a difference.
- Forgiveness is a decision not an emotion.
- Forgiveness is about us; trust is about them.
- Forgiveness is about the past; trust is about the future.
- Recovery is a process.
- God is enough for us and we are enough for Him just the way we are.
- We all have an ill-defined itch in our soul for more – God can satisfy it like nothing else can.
Finally probably one of the most powerful thought provoking session for me was with Andy Andrews when he spoke on the butterfly effect. Check it out it just may change your life.