Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend in review

Normally my blog is a bunch of words thrown together to hopefully make you think and reflect a little about your life and where you are going. Today its a little different, its a bunch of words I’ve thrown together to share the my weekend.

This past Labor Day weekend was just amazing. Both Paul & I had been given the weekend off from our duties at church on Sunday, which meant that we could spend the weekend together as a family. Now I did work a few hours on Saturday afternoon/evening, but otherwise we were lucky enough to spend it all together.

Now what did we do that was so special, in a nutshell nothing. We were able to sleep in till we woke up, cuddle together with the kids in bed, go to church together in the same car (something we never do) and generally just hang out together.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love our life and I love the fact that we have it full of commitments to church and friends, but sometimes taking a weekend to nothing for anyone else but yourself is great.

Yesterday we went to breakfast together and then went to the Hartville Fleamarkt. The weather was warm with a cool breeze, just prefect for wandering around. We spent hours walking and looking at stuff. Came home with fresh corn, watermelon, apples, red peppers and a few treasures for the kids.

We re-discovered each other and the joy of being the Bukowski Family – thank you Jesus for the gift of family and for an amazing, if not simple, weekend.

No comments: