Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Time to move

Woke up this morning and honestly I’m just not feeling it. I’m tired physically, mentally & emotionally. As the mother of a very independent, head-strong 3 yrs old my hands are very full. Recently however he has begun to push his boundaries and my patience to the absolute limit.

He has brought me to tears and to my knees several times and yet life must go on. I must continue. I have a daughter who needs to do schooled, a husband to love, a house that needs cleaning, a ministry I’ve neglected, but how do I carry on?

Being on my knees, praying for help and leaning on Him is the easiest thing in the world for me, but even with doing that I must do something for myself. I must make that decision to accept what I have, enjoy my  life and make the most of it. The choice is mine as to how I react to the situation. I could sit and wallow in despair and depression or I can choose to ‘fake it till I make it’.

God promises to be there and I know that He is, but He doesn’t want me to just sit on my backside doing nothing. He wants me to put my brain in the right gear. He wants me to focus on Him, on my blessings and not one the difficulties and problems. I need to do my best with what I have and that means struggling through the darkness. It means following His light. Its means doing something.

I’m dumb founded at the simplicity and complexity of the answer. One thought at a time can and will change the entire outlook of a day, of a week, of life in general. Today I’m choosing to be in control of my thoughts. Today I’m choosing to do the hard work and get up and moving out of the mud.

I don’t know how long it will take before I’m out of the darkness, but I know I’m not alone. I can feel His arm around me guiding me as I move. When I stop He stops and when I move forward so does He with a smile on His face.

No comments: