Monday, July 20, 2009

Pass the tissues.

“For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.” Eccesiastes 1:18

Knowledge = Grief, I don’t know if I like that. Does that mean I should just stop growing and learning? I’ve had my fair share of grief, so why would I want more? The answer to that one is easy, because it is my responsibility to learn.

As I grow and learn my eyes are opened to the injustices, to the pain, to the evil in the world. It grieves my heart to see this and I must do something. I must take a stand against the evil.

With my increased knowledge I’m faced with a choice. I can choose to ignore what I see, to turn away from it, to face the darkness or I can choose to shine a light on it and do something about it.

Darkness can’t exist when the light is shed on it. I have a responsibility to let my light shine & let it shine brightly. The closer I get to God the brighter my light & the more darkness I become aware of. The more I learn the more my heart grieves for the lost.

So pass my bible and pass the tissues. But I won’t sit back and just grieve I will fight. I will take a stand and I will make a difference – what about you? Are you sitting in your own little world and ignoring what you see? Are you closing your eyes to the fight? Make a difference. Stand tall. You have the weapons and you have an amazing coach on your side. Its now up to you to choose.

No comments: