Sunday, August 17, 2008

Parenthood

I've had a pretty crazy time of it of late and all because of life. Things seem to always be crazy, with what seems like very little time of peace and tranquility. Okay so who is ever going to have tranquility and peace with a 7 year old and a 19 month old boy. Well have you ever sat and held a toddler as he slept, while cuddling up on the sofa with your child that my friends is peace and tranquility. Just watching that sleeping face puts a smile on your face and fills you with peace. Knowing that this moment will be over soon and that you'll no longer be able to hold your little one does make the moment so much more special.

As a parent we experience so many emotions and sometimes in a very short period of time - lol. I can only image what our Father feels during our lives. I can image the joy and happiness He feels when we come home calling for Him, ready to embrace Him, telling Him of our great day. I can image His pain when we turn away from Him because He hasn't given us exactly what we want, when we wanted it. I know how I feel when my children get mad at me because I've said 'no' not now or 'no, that's enough'. I can image the Father's joy and pride at seeing us develop it what He has planned for us and His anguish when we take the wrong path that leads away from Him.

As a parent I have so many hopes and fears fo my children. What I find most amazing is that my biggest fear is that they turn away from the Father, they turn away from us. Whether they are a doctor, a baker, a candlestick maker, really doesn't matter what is the most important thing I can teach them is to love Lord.

What a blessing my children are to me. What teachers they are, without even knowing it. Trust me I'm failing some of the lessons they are trying to teach me, but I still work on it. I know I've a long way to go before I get the Mother of the Year award, but frankly I'm just glad I'm able to take part in this wonderful adventure. How dull and boring my life must of been filled only with myself, now the

No comments: