Thursday, August 7, 2008

Focus

Focus: to concentrate, a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity


This is the definiation of focus and the very thing I'm lacking or having difficulty with lately. Now my lack of focus can in part be attributed to being physically tired. My brain just keeps wandering off because the energy needed to remain on track just isn't there and in part the reason for my lack of focus is because frankly its difficult.

I a world where the main focus is on "me" it can be difficult to stay focus on what's important which is God and His word. Job was in a situation where it would have been easy to focus on what was going on to him and around him. Let's face it not one of us would have be able to remain as focused as he did. Even Job's friends tried to change the his focus, but he remained true and keep his eyes on God.

It doesn't take a lot of energy to start something amazing, it takes focus. A small amount of heat & light in the right situation will create a spark, which in turn will create a flame and before long a raging inferno if not properly contained, controlled, focused. A single drop of water can create something as huge and magnificant as the Grand Canyon, because of it's focus and persistance.

What can we do if remain focused on the mission God has given us? This past weekend was the highlight of our LEAP week and it was amazing to see God at work. The focus of just a few people has changed the lives of many. It doesn't take a lot, it takes focus.

I'm going through a huge change in my life at the moment and things are just crazy. Frankly I'm not even sure I know which way up is, but if I focus on the Lord then I know that He'll see me through and the 'stuff' will be just 'stuff' and the important things will prevail.

No comments: