Sunday, November 8, 2009

Last letter



Today is the National Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. Today we pray and recognize the thousands of people that are imprisoned, tortured, and killed all because they stand firm in the faith and their commitment to Christ.

Our service today was dedicated to those brave individuals. If you didn’t get a chance to be at Cornerstone this morning or catch the live webcast, check out the archives in a couple of days. During the service we were challenge to write our last letter. What do we want to be remembered for? Well here is my Last Letter…….

Dear Friends & Family

Today I write this letter to you to tell you that I’m okay. In fact I’m better than okay, I’ve never been better.

Today I want to tell you that the most important thing in life isn’t life, but obedience to the call. Obedience to Christ is what makes everything worthwhile.

While obedience to Christ can bring ridicule, physical danger or persecution, it will definitely bring a peace and joy to your spirit. Knowing you will be able to hear those words from Christ himself ‘Well done, good and faithful friend’ – I’m so filled with excitment and anticipation.

Dear ones, please know that I’ve made my choice and I rejoice in that.  I pray that you will follow my example. Today is a new day and we have been granted grace and mercy from our Savior. He asks that all we do in return is obey His word, denounce the enemy and rejoice in Him.

My heart sings that you to can live with the knowledge that we have Christ’s love to surround us. Know I love you and I pray for you.

In Christ’s love and truth I stand

Larissa

Cornerstone FMC

1 comment:

Brenda Mason Young said...

I got big tears in my eyes as I read your beautiful letter. It matches your life. I love you, and am so glad God brought you into my life. You inspire me.