Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Well 2008 is over and 2009 has begun. I've spent the past couple of days thinking about all the changes that have happened during this past year and boy have we had a few. The most important thing that I learnt from 2008 is that perception and choice is what make or break a year, not that actual events.

During 2008 my walk with the Lord became stronger and more deliberate so I chose to accept the good with the bad and I chose to embrace all the year had to offer. I was given an amazing gift, but the price was the loss of a loved one. I was given the gift of my sister visiting, the price was saying good-bye. I was given the gift of quiet time, the price was being lonely sometimes. I was given the opportunity of re-pledging my love and devotion to my husband and family, the price is that I'm not the center anymore they are. What an amazing year of learning it has been.

2009 is going to be just as amazing. I don't know what the Lord has in store for me, but I'm ready to tackle it all. I'm sure there is going to be times of pain, tears and sorrow. I'm just as sure that the laughter, love and joy will out shadow it all if I let it.

I'm still thinking about my goals for this new year and the future. I've failed at reaching so many goals that I'm reluctant to commit to them. Maybe that should be my first and main goal this year, to commit to keeping & making the goal - that's a thought. I know that today isn't the day to make decisions as I'm feeling flat and am missing my sister. She left almost a week ago, but I've had Paul at home with me and today he has gone off to work. Today is the first day that I'm home with the kids by myself and I'm missing that adult companionship. I'll get through this like I was do, but frankly I'm enjoying just wallowing for a bit. I think I'll grab both my kids and thank the Lord for them, then I'm going to pick up the phone and make a call. I've errands to run today so I don't have time to wallow for too long and that's not really my thing, just a small indulgence this morning.

My motto for this year:
It'll be fine in 2009

No comments: