Thursday, October 23, 2008

Counting Down

Okay there are officially 29 days to go before my sister gets here and I'm starting to get excited. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but this year will be extra special because I'll have her here celebrating with us. I've not had any of my family here for the holidays and the last time I spent Christmas with them was in 2000 so I'm sure you can see why I'm exited.

We've got so much catching up to do and so much to put into 36 days that it is certainly going to be run, run, run. She has never met David so this is going to be fun and basically we're trying to put 4 years into those 36 days. It has been 2 years since I've seen her and it'll be probably another 2 years or more before we get to see her again.

For now I'm not going to dwell on the fact she has to go home. For now I'm going to embrace the excitement of her coming, the excitement of planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Paul & I are also celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary with a service at church so I've got that to get organized as well. So hang on to your hat we're in for one heck of a ride.

No comments: